Welcome to the Deep Leadership Podcast!
I am thrilled to have Jim Rafferty on the show today as our guest. Jim is a marketing and communications consultant and the Principal of JMRketing, LLC. He is also a former radio announcer and program director, and has used his skills and experience to help business leaders communicate more effectively.
Jim has also had an interesting journey as a leader. As a former Boy Scout leader, he was able to turn an unexpected volunteer leadership role into an even more unexpected journey into entrepreneurship. His book, Leader by Accident, tells the story of how he was able to take this experience and use it to his advantage.
During our conversation, we covered a wide range of topics related to leadership, including:
- Jim’s leadership journey and how he got to where he is today
- The reasons why Jim says “yes” to leadership opportunities
- How to take on a leadership role even if you don’t feel like the most experienced or smartest person in the room
- The emotional side of leadership and how to manage it
- The transition from being a leader to becoming an entrepreneur
- The importance of getting out of your comfort zone and facing challenges
- The leadership lessons that Jim has learned throughout his career
- Empathetic leadership and why it’s important
- The importance of building your network and how to do it effectively
If you’re interested in learning more about Jim’s journey and the valuable insights he has to offer, be sure to check out the podcast episode and the timestamps provided above to help guide you through the conversation.
Thanks for tuning in, and I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Deep Leadership Podcast!
Loved this episode?
Screenshot it and share it to your IG stories and tag me @jonsrennie I would love to connect with you!
Become a leader worth following today with these powerful resources:
You Have the Watch: A Guided Journal to Become a Leader Worth Following
All in the Same Boat: Lead Your Organization Like a Nuclear Submariner
I Have the Watch: Becoming a Leader Worth Following
Bottom Gun Coffee Company was born from the love of coffee while serving in the submarine force. Bottom Gun is owned and operated by submarine veterans who know a thing or two about good coffee. Learn more HERE