The Renaissance of Men Podcast
Something is happening in the world of men: a global awakening, a time of rediscovery, a rebirth. Men around the world are drawing on the best of masculinity from all of time to redefine what it means to be a man, on their terms. The Renaissance of Men explores this global phenomenon, the men making it happen, the men benefiting from it, and how all men can transform themselves by participating in this unique historical moment.
Earn Your Oxygen
Jon Rennie is a former US Navy submarine officer, as well as a business leader, podcast host, and author.
We met on Twitter, where I saw his book “All In the Same Boat” about his time aboard the USS Tennessee and what it taught him about life and business.
I rarely read business books, but I thought I’d give his a try.
As a lover of sailing, his sea stories stirred my heart, and I thought my audience might enjoy them too.
In our conversation we discussed:
– His background, and some formative moments aboard the Tennessee
– How he raised his boys to become successful men
– The three acts of his life: from Naval officer, to business leader, to author
– The process of writing his trilogy of books about submarine and business life
– What it was like serving during the Cold War
– The accuracies and inaccuracies of the hit submarine films The Hunt for Red October, and Crimson Tide
Jon and I had one of my most fun conversations yet. He went on his own Hero’s Journey beneath the waves and brought back wisdom for all of us.